Digital Photography & Imaging: Conceptual Photoshoot (WEEK 9)

21/11/2023 (Week 9) 

Aisya Diva Anwagodsa (0365505)

Digital Photography and Imaging / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media

Project 2: Conceptual Photoshoot


JUMPLINK

6. Quick Links 

LECTURE

WEEK 9: Digital Surrealism

1. Realism: Take subject matters of the ordinary and common world which we call "reality".
2. Surrealism: A twist on Realism.  It explores the subconscious min, with subject matters concentrating on dreams-images and often aims to distort the ordinary and what we call reality.

Fig. 1.1 Realism vs Surrealism

🔝

INSTRUCTION


SKETCH & PROCESS

Fig. 2.1 Sketch 
(4/12/2023)

In this project, I decided to manipulate, things that are easy to find and have similar shape.  Here, I have tea bag and a bag.  The reason why I choose teabag is because, beside its shape is rectangle (similar to my bag), it is also looks like a shopping bag.  I found it interesting if I can combine those two things.

Fig. 2.2 Progress 1&2
4/12/2023

Fig. 2.3 Progress 3&4
4/12/2023

Fig. 2.4 Progress 5
4/12/2023


FINAL RESULT

Fig. 2.5 Final result
4/12/2023


REFLECTION

Experience:
This task is extremely challenging for me, because I was confused what kind of stuff that I want to combine.  Because most of my idea is involving things that I do not have.  So I have to dive deeper too look for a reference until I found the idea that I can Apply to my task.

Observation:
Throughout the weeks, with the skill I  have I can manage to combine all of the elements in Photoshop.  I am glad that the result was not that bad.  And in all of my task, I see that how we manage our time is so important, so we will not rushing in doing our works.

Findings:
In this phase, I pretty much happy with my improvement.  But I feel like my time management is not that good, beside that I also find it difficult to memorizing every detail in the lesson, sometime I have to go back and forth to check the tutorial or the lesson, but I hope I can improve my soft skill and my memorizing skill.


QUICK LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography - Task 1 : Exercise 1 & 2

Typography Task 3: Type Design & Communication

Advanced Typography - Task 1: Typographic System - Type & Play